A facial is a professional service designed to improve and rejuvenate the skin. The use of organic products can make your skin healthier and can be customized to your individual skin type, giving you the best results. Taking care of yourself and your skin at home is only part of the equation. The other is receiving monthly professional facials to help slow down the clock. The average adult cell turnover rate is every 28 days, depending on age. The cell turnover rate slows down with age. You can give your skin a head start by receiving facials on a regular basis to speed up the renewal process giving you healthier, clearer and firmer skin.
- Deep clean the skin, removing toxins and help reduce the overabundance of sebum. Overproduction of sebum can cause skin problems such as blackheads and acne.
- Exfoliate and remove dead skin cells so the skin can renew itself and become tighter and firmer. The skin becomes smoother, helping product penetration by unblocking the surface and then promotes stimulation which increases the cell turnover rate.
- Treat conditions such as dryness, oiliness, hyperpigmentation, unevenness, aging, acne prone and rosacea.
- The use of steam softens follicles and superficial lines. Pores are opened preparing the skin for extractions or product penetration as well as increasing circulation.
- Allow you to relax and help reduce stress. Stress can cause premature aging and aggravate skin conditions.
- A facial massage improves circulation and blood flow for a more healthy and even toned complexion. The facial massage assists in lymphatic drainage that aids in detoxification and promotes collagen production. Collagen is a type of protein, and works with keratin to provide the skin with strength, smoothness, elasticity and resilience. It is produced by the skin and other parts of the body. When you are young, you have an abundance of collagen in your body, which is why young children have such lovely shiny hair and smooth skin. As you age, collagen production declines and weakening of the skin occurs. This is when skin wrinkles, necks become saggy and lines form around the eyes and mouth.